x

Forgot Old Password, cannot reset a new one

Is there anyway to reset the password without putting in the old one? I wouldn't be resetting it if I remembered the old password. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Thanks for making your first post to the community, @MK97 - sorry to hear about this frustration. 

The option to update your password from the Dashboard does require you to input the old password. The steps to reset a forgotten password are a little different. 

First, head to our password reset page, then:

• Enter your email address and click Send Instructions.
  • Check your email for a message with the subject, "Password Reset Request" to obtain your verification code.
  • Return to the same password reset page and enter the code and click Verify.
  • Create your new password. 

I hope this helps you get back into your account, let me know you need anything else. 👍

Message 2 of 6

This doesn't work.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Sorry to hear about the trouble @trishhoehn. It looks like you were able to get in touch with our Support team in order to reset your password by the time I read your post! If a particular link in the reply above wasn't working for you or if a step was unclear please let us know so we can update it! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

I am logged into our active church coffee shop account on an ipad via the POS app.  I can't recall our password in order to login online or into the dashboard.  I would do the password reset, but I cannot recall which email address we originally used to register our account.  The reset instruction below won't work because I can't do the first step of "enter your email address".  We use this account every week and have it linked to our bank account and have all of our inventory setup, I really need to get back into this account to update settings and to access the dashboard.

First, head to our password reset page, then:

• Enter your email address and click Send Instructions.
  • Check your email for a message with the subject, "Password Reset Request" to obtain your verification code.
  • Return to the same password reset page and enter the code and click Verify.
  • Create your new password. 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hey @frstratedcoffee - If you're unable to remember the email address attached to your account, our CS team would be able to help you track down the account using other personal information. Unfortunately, we're not able to help with account specifics within the Community for everyone's privacy.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 6