x

Forgot to update my bank info and the funds were sent to a closed acc what can I do

Forgot to update my bank info and the last funds were sent to a closed account.  What can I do to get the funds sent to my new account?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

If the account is actually closed it will be rejected by the bank but, some banks will still take deposits and hold them.  You can update your bank details in your Dashboard, I would say I would also check with your bank to see what they have to say.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

If the account is actually closed it will be rejected by the bank but, some banks will still take deposits and hold them.  You can update your bank details in your Dashboard, I would say I would also check with your bank to see what they have to say.

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

@VanKalkerFarms is right on this, @Pjdavis. Please contact the bank for more information on this. Once a deposit is sent, there is not a way for Square to retrieve the funds. 

Message 3 of 5

What if the account is closed and payment was rejected. 

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hi @JGlus - You can find more information about what happens when deposits are sent to a closed bank account in our Support Center.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 5