x

Four pieces of hardware but hub only come with three USB ports

The hub only come with three USB ports, I have four pieces of hardware to connect. How is that done?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

There isn't currently a way to connect four devices unfortunately. For example, additional USB ports can't be added with a "splitter" or anything similar.

If one of your four devices is our Contactless reader, it can be paired wirelessly with BLE. Hopefully that helps!

Message 2 of 7

I have the same issue. I would like to use the dock for the chip reader but need an extra port to plug it into. I hope Square will work on this.
Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

I have found the the contacless reader lasts most or all of the day even on busy days and if it starts to get low or there is a lull in customers we just plug it into a USB cord pluged into the wall.  It can be operated while charging and easily disconnectable if you really need to move it around.  Then simply plug it in overnight and you're good for the next day.

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Plug your dock in another USB on computer or electric outlet and Bluetooth it to iPad instead of dock but it will continuously be charged 

Message 5 of 7

I already do that and yes it works until the power goes out - then it must be "bluetoothed" again. The problem becomes that to do this there must be personel who can do it. The personel hereare all volunteer and mostly older who are not savy to how to do this and it may come up so seldom that we do not practice it. My hope is that you can create a 4 slot hub so we can plug in all accessories.

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

I understand! My mother works my shop while I still have a full time job and she's not tech savvy either!

Message 7 of 7