x

Google Analytics Setup for Ecommerce - Solution

Documentation on this sucks.

How to get Google Analytics (GA) Ecommerce tracking to work. 

I am assuming you have GA set up.  The help on this is actually correct.

I am assuming you are using your own domain or sub-domain (this may work other ways)

1. Add your GA code to Online-Website-Integrations.  Add the full code "UA-#######"

2. Add your GA code to Online-Settings-General-Tracking, but leave off the "UA-" part and ADD IT TO EVERY FIELD under tracking.

Note: There is a Google Tag Assistant plug-in for Chrome.  If you use it, it will report two tags in use.  Ignore this.  To check if GA is working, got to Real Time in analytics and then visit your site from another page.  It should report you as 1 user.  You may have to navigate to a unique page to make sure it is you.

Testing:

Make a purchase while watching GA realtime data.  The pages /store/checkout/?phase=payment and /store/checkout/?phase=receipt should show as being tracked.

You can double check this under Behavior-Site Content-All Pages and search for "phase" (make sure to set the date filter to include today).

After your purchase go to GA Conversions-Ecommerce-Overview and you should see your purchased product.  Again make sure you set the date filter to include today and watch out as if you jump back and forth to Realtime it resets the date to exclude the current day.

Further note:  This seems to also track online checkout link you can generate for your items.

I'm working on getting the goals working but they don't seem to track yet.  Goal path pages should be:

/store/checkout/?phase=payment

/store/checkout/?phase=receipt

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0