x

Google Pay Interfering with Checkout

This happened to me so many times I sat down and concentrated on how to stop this. I would go to "Checkout" a customer, click "Review Sale" then when I hit "charge" my phone would vibrate then automatically take me to google pay. Google pay would ask me to pay the merchant with google pay. I was the merchant. I would have to tell a customer to quickly pay right after I hit the Charge button before google would stop me from charging the customer. 

Background: I have a Motorola One 5G phone with Android version 10. I don't know a lot about phones. I know how to use a desktop really good.  

Finally I went into the "settings" on my phone. Then "apps and Notification" . Then clicked "disabled" and "forced stop" for google pay app. I don't use google pay. But if I did I would have to stop using it because it would keep interrupting me when checking out a customer super embarrassing.   

I would like to hear if anyone has had this issue when checking out a customer on an new Android phone. And if you use Google Pay. 

I had an old I-phone 6 but upgraded to a new phone because I wanted to  use the square appointments app.   

Frankie Soto
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

your customer can still pay as normal, even while that is on your screen.  you won't pay with your phone until you do whatever steps are necessary to finish google pay.  this is popping up because your phone is within the range of the contactless reader.  you could shut off the google pay option in your phone if you don't use it anywhere else, or just keep it a little farther away than it is now.

Google pay and apple pay are great to use.

Message 2 of 2