x

Got my reader for my Android but no charger

I just received my square reader today for my Android phone.  But there was no charger with it.  I have an event Saturday and I don't want to pay the higher processing fees but also there won't be time to enter credit cards manually.  What do I do?  How do I get a charger for this thing?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

If you have an android phone you are all set. The reader uses the industry standard micro USB to charge which is the same as all android phones.

Message 2 of 7

The charger for my Android phone does not have anyway to connect with the magnastripe reader.  The part that connects to my phone inserts into the phone in a different slot than my charger.  

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

If it is just the regular free reader that you swipe cards thru that plugs into your headphone jack then there is nothing to charge.  It simply works when you plug it into your phone.

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

Message 5 of 7

Mine is telling me it needs to be charged. Wouldn't let me swipe a card yesterday?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @Flan1960, thanks for reaching out! Are you referring to the Contactless and Chip Reader? If so, these charging tips should get everything back on the up-and-up: Square Contactless + Chip Reader Troubleshooting. If this doesn't make the mark, please let me know. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 7