x

Hide Transaction from employee

Hello! I am wondering how to hide transactions from employees either mobile or with a limited role. I have individuals going back and looking through things they should not be...

I have access denied on other areas.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Super Seller Alumni

Transactions is the one thing you can not limit access to.  Even with all permissions off they can still view transactions.

Message 2 of 31

Having same issue. 
whats the point of paying for team permissions if can still access my last 5 transactions. 
Anyone find a fix? Ridiculous 

Message 3 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LBE2020  - Thanks for reaching out. 

We totally understand your concern. At this time our engineers are aware of this issue and are working tirelessly to resolve this matter. We anticipate that this will be resolved in the near future and appreciate your feedback. 

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 31

Any update on this? Square has since removed the option to restrict employee view to only the last 5 transactions. They can now see all the transactions! Isn’t this backwards of what the engineers were “working tirelessly” to resolve? 

Message 5 of 31

You can show only what you want them to have access to. My employees can take payments and send reciepts only. look under employee settings. each employee has to be give certain permissions 

Message 6 of 31

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. 

Message 7 of 31

Hi @nikkichanel

There hasn't been any updates around this, as your mobile cashiers will still be able to view payments.

It's important to remember that the transactions they see are only the payments that they've taken themselves, and not the full list of payments taken on your master account. 

Can you provide details on how this feature would help you? 

Message 8 of 31

Hi,  I have an employee that calculates all of his transactions to see how much we've made.  Even though he took the payments,  I  don't want him to have access to go back and get an exact account of what I made.  I don't know what he's using the information for,  but I'd rather restrict this feature for his account.  I think employers could benefit with this feature because a lot of employees have bad intentions.  It's not an employees job to worry about how much the business is earning.  I'm sure the employee could still ring up a customer and make a mental note about how much was made, but most likely they'll forget and not get an accurate account of the financials for that day.  This particular employee is a family member, which makes me want this feature even more.  

Message 9 of 31

Thanks for sharing your business need @nikkichanel

I'll let our Employee Management team know that this is something you'd like to see in the future. Hopefully we can get this prioritized for everyone, as it's come up a few times recently. 

Message 10 of 31

I have employees who look through transactions as well. They only see the 5 most recent ones but can still do the calculations and figure out daily sales, which is confidential.

Thay can only view the 5 most recent transactions without a passcode so why not limit access altogether? 

Message 11 of 31
Beta Member

Hi,

Was there an update on this?

This needs to be looked at ASAP. As transactions need to be locked.

Thanks,

Ash

Message 12 of 31

Hi @Ash176,

I'd recommend looking into our Team Management options here.

You can set your employees up with this and set permissions to what they can/can't see.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 31
Beta Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  I don't understand why it's an option under team permissions to turn off access to transactions but then they can still see them.  If you can restrict access to other areas why would this be part of the paid permissions?

Message 14 of 31

I totally agree, I restricted the transactions but still there open to look at even the employees are logged in to their names

Message 15 of 31

Any updates on this feature? I have contact Square support today the answer was:

If the employee behaves like that he should not work for you.

Message 16 of 31

Wtf

Message 17 of 31

My employee can see the last 5 transactions and writes them down because she said she’s “curious”. We live in a small town and I don’t want my numbers discussed by the whole town!!!! Can you please let us know if there is an option to hide every transaction and not leave any visibility whatsoever.  I don’t want my numbers visible to anyone but myself. 

Message 18 of 31

Yes! That’s exactly my thought. Why not just completely get rid of any transactions. The employee can take a picture of it and compile everything and it’s pretty much not “hidden”. It’s pretty stupid. And nothing is being done about it.

Message 19 of 31

Hey @knieuwoudt & @Kknj,

Is it one employee that has access to view five transactions? Or do all your employees have access to at least five transactions despite you setting up Transaction permission off?

I look forward to your reply.

Message 20 of 31

2 employees. Same restrictions 

Message 21 of 31