x

How Do I See More Detailed Gift Card Reports?

I have two questions:

First, is there a way to get more granular sales reports by time on my web dashboard? Currently, I can totals for all day and also limit it by whole hours only. I would like to look at sales by shifts so from 11:30 to 5 pm, for example. Currently, I can only see 11-5 unless I tweak the report on my phone app (Android) where I can dig down to the half hour. 

Second, Is there a way to see paid in and paid out reports other than looking at the email that I get sent automatically? Ideally, I could see this on my web dashboard as well.

Thanks,

charlie 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cmonster42

Sales reports can only be viewed by whole hour at this time, but I definitely see the value in having more options with that. 

One workaround that comes to mind is to view your Employee Sales reports, and select only the employees that have that specific shift start/end time. 

As for the Cash Drawer reports, you can view this information both in-app as well as from your Square Dashboard in the Cash Drawers tab

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply @EJ_. I didn't see the cash drawers reports before so that does help.

As for my other issue, it sure seems like adding 30 minute increments to the web dashboard would be pretty simple since it's available on my Android app (and I assume the iApp too). Using employee sales figures isn't a fix for me unless I am missing something. I can't add employees without paying Square for them which seems silly if all I want to do is track this one thing. I don't use Square payroll since it wasn't available here when I first needed it and now I'm not going to go through the hassle of changing. Any chance just adding 1/2 hour increments into the reports on dashboard might be something that could be done soon? How hard could it be really?

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@cmonster42 It's definitely something I can see added in the future, but I don't have any timeline on when this might become available. 

I'll send this over to our Product Team and hopefully we can get some updates on this soon. 

Message 4 of 4