x

How are coupon codes used via the website admin dashboard?

I recently sent out a marketing campaign to customers offering 15% off their next purchase. Our business model currently requires customers to pay in advance ( we approve or deny and their card is charged) prior to services rendered. Based on my reading about the coupon codes through the seller community, it appears as those coupon codes are currently only set up to be used as customers are paying in person. I see no link within the admin dashboard of the website in which I can apply a code, only through the mobile app. Because payment is required in advance, how am I to allow customers to redeem these codes where there is no link or dropdown from the approve/deny screen when I take their payments from the admin dashboard of the website?? Please help, thank you. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @CarwashJC, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently email marketing coupons can only be redeemed when a payment is made on the Square Point of Sale app.

Alternatively you could just enter the customers card information on the Point of Sale app and add their coupon to the sale. The processing fee is the same as Virtual Terminal. We have a great article on the Support Center that outlines how to Manually Key in Card Payments Without the Square Reader. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Message 2 of 2