x

How can I enroll a customer in the loyalty program after a transaction has already taken place?

For customers who are paying with a credit card where all their information is connected to the card, enrolling them in the loyalty program is a breeze. HOWEVER, if I have a customer who pays in cash or who has a card that does not connect to their information there is no option for them to enroll in the program. How do I add a customer to the program in these cases? What if I have already created a customer profile for them, but now I need to enroll them in loyalty so that they can get their stars? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

My experience has been I cannot add stars until their profile has a phone number.  Then you can go the "Customers" and find the customer and scroll down to below "Edit Personal Information" you'll see "AVAILABLE REWARDS" and below that "0/15 Stars Earned" with an "Edit" link off to the right.  Touch "Edit" and a window will pop up to add (or subtract) stars.

If you want to add the customer to the actual transaction (and in my experience doing so does not automatically give them stars) the only way I can see to do it is on a desktop.  From the dashboard open "Sales" in the left column and then from the selections across the top choose "Transactions".  I go find the day and look for the transaction then click it open.  Click on the three dots in the upper right of the transaction ticket and it will pop up "Add Customer" then seach for them and add them.

I'm new to Square and this is my first time to try and answer a question.  Hope it works for you!

Message 2 of 3

I'm not sure this is correct. If they are already enrolled, you can easily add stars manually by the method described. The real question is can I manually enroll a customer in the loyalty program. I can't figure out how to do it.

I ran into the issue where my employee was explaining the program and the claim stars screen went away after like 30 seconds. I can find the client in the customer directory but cannot find any option to enroll them in the loyalty program. I've clicked edit and the 3 dots to no avail. The client has a phone number tied to their account as well.

Help please?

Message 3 of 3