x

How can I get contact info for a merchant who used Square to process my transaction?

Hi. My name is Gene, from Fairfield, CT. I have tried to get in touch with Square support on the phone, but with no luck. I do not have a Square account, and I do not personally use Square, but I have an issue with a merchant--a travel agent--who processed a charge on my credit card last October using Square. I have used Square's online feature that will supposedly give me contact info for the merchant if I put in the date of the charge and the amount of the charge, but I did that and nothing at all came up. And then I tried it again a few more times just to make sure, but once again nothing came up.

Does anyone have any ideas for me on this? I know that it should seem that I would have some contact info on this, but I just don't. I have checked already with my credit card company, but they told me that because the merchant used Square, there was no info available for that.  And this particular merchant--more or less a one-man operation--does not seem to have any available info that I can find online with a Google search or anything like that.  I know that it sounds stupid, but that's just where I am. So, once again, if anyone has any ideas about this, please let me know.

Regards,

Gene M.

Fairfield, CT

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Gene06825! We wouldn't be able to disclose any contact information for a seller other than the information than that of which shows on their receipt. 

However, our Customer Success Team can get some information from you to locate your most recent transaction with that seller. Then, they can reach out to the seller on your behalf and have that individual contact you.

If you click this link, go through the following steps so that you can email our Customer Success Team to get the above help:

1. Click the blue link that says I Don't Have a Square Account
  2. Select More
  3. Click the link that says I Don't See My Issue
  4. You'l be taken to a page that says Email Support

Let us know if you have other questions. Hope you're able to get in touch with the individual you're looking for!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 2