x

How can I get shipping broken out on Transactions CSV?

I have a sales spreadsheet I use to track all income/expenses. I currently download transactions and import them from Square and Etsy. I have not figured out a way to get shipping charges broken out from gross sales on my Square exports. I really need to see item totals vs shipping charges. And since not all my orders have shipping, I don't want to have to go through every transaction and manually update my spreadsheet with what has what. Way too much room for error! And time consuming!

If I go to Reports, it shows up broken down under Gross Sales on the Sales Summary, but if I Export that report, it still just comes through as Gross Sales total. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @JulieStafford 👋

In order to get a report export that includes Service Charges you would need to create a Custom Report that includes Service Charges data separate from the Gross Sales. You can find Custom Report in your Dashboard under Reports > Custom Reports. Once there you will select Create New Report and last but not least at the bottom of the Report Builder you will select Add Report and choose Services Charges. 

Custom Reports are a great tool that you can take advantage of to tweak how you want your exported reports look like.

I hope this information is helpful!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

It still only shows up as a total. I need to see it per transaction. I wish there was a way to customize the Transactions CSV. Like, why does it have the entire item description show up?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello again!

This would be considered a feature request at this time, @JulieStafford.

I can see how this would be beneficial to your business and others.  I wll pass this to our product teams for them to take this into consideration.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4