x

How can I get the POS screen when I'm in offline mode?

Two times now I have tried to use my square reader at craft fairs - in offline mode- and I don't get the register screen to come up. It says I'm in offline mode, and I can only swipe a card... but the register screen to put in the amount doesn't show up or the icon that represents it. ( as in the connected mode) Am I missing something? Luckily- the customers have given me checks that have been good so far.. but very embarrasing and disappointing.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

It should show up normally. Before your next show, test it out at home. If the register doesn't show up, close the app completely and try launching it again. If it still doesn't work, you might need to delete and reinstall the app. No accountinformation is stored within the app, so you won't lose anything. You'll just need to sign in again.

If you're able to process a few cards offline and then suddenly can't, don't delete the app before going online as you will lose the card information that you did get. If there's any way for you not to run in offline mode at fairs, I would encourage you to try it, as offline mode isn't particularly safe. You end up being responsible for denied cards, etc. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5095-process-payments-with-offline-mode

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

I would check under "settings" and be sure you have checked the "enable offline mode"  Hope this answered your problem.

Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

It should show up normally. Before your next show, test it out at home. If the register doesn't show up, close the app completely and try launching it again. If it still doesn't work, you might need to delete and reinstall the app. No accountinformation is stored within the app, so you won't lose anything. You'll just need to sign in again.

If you're able to process a few cards offline and then suddenly can't, don't delete the app before going online as you will lose the card information that you did get. If there's any way for you not to run in offline mode at fairs, I would encourage you to try it, as offline mode isn't particularly safe. You end up being responsible for denied cards, etc. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5095-process-payments-with-offline-mode

Message 3 of 5

The app seems to have to be online when opened. I have the same problem the app refuses to load when not connected.

Message 4 of 5

Hello @Taxidave007!

Have you tried @VanKalkerFarms suggestions? These typically get offline mode up and running. 

Message 5 of 5