x

How can I give team members permission to app settings?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Team Permissions]

I have users for a scout troop that have mobile access authorization.  They used to be able to go to settings and then see the business info to verify they were in the right account.  They no longer seem to have permission to do that or to get into the hardware section to pair a reader.  There has been an update since last year when we all used the account.  How do I give everyone access to that?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @swendt.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

You should be able to make that adjustment from Permissions within the Team section of the Online Dashboard.

I believe the one you're looking for would be under the Account and Settings > Device area:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Cannot Pair Readers

I use one POS system for my store.  It was suggested to me to log into the POS using the store's email rather than my email as business owner.  This limits the access to information on the POS for the employees.  But now the store cannot pair with the new reader.  What do I need to activate in the permission to allow to pair the new device?

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Sounds like you need to enable the Account & SettingsConfigure hardware settings permission for their role under Team Permissions. This will allow them access into the Settings tab of the device and pair the reader. 

@Bodacious

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Thanks.  I will give it a try!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Let us know if anything else comes up, @Bodacious!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6