x

How can I look up my customer info?

Hi there,

My org used Square to take donations at our fundraising gala last Thursday night. I instructed our employees to create customers for each transaction so we could collect information to follow-up with donors, but I'm having trouble getting that information back out of Square in a report format.

Is there a way I can attach customer name & contact information to the transaction report itself, rather than having to click into each transaction individually? Having to manually type out contact info for every single gift one at a time before I can add the gifts to our org database is going to take so much time otherwise.

And can I access customers' email addresses (the receipt just shows first name and initial, so impossible to confirm identities of donors)?

Thanks,
Jack

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @translaw, Let me see if I can help you out.  

You can export your Transaction Report to a .csv file so you can filter and sort your data.  As you know the transaction report will give you the customers name but that is it.

Yes, you can click on the transactions in the dashboard but that is a pain.  I would go to your customer section and export your customer list.  With this, you can do some spreadsheet magic to pull the customers based on the transactions or you can just select the ones you want.  Your donation software may allow you to import the customer data too.

Now for the customers that only have a first name and last Initial.  That means the person that rung the sale didn't create a new customer for them.  The information you are seeing just came from the credit card data and that's all your going to get.  If you want full customer data you must ask for it and enter it yourself.   

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @translaw, Let me see if I can help you out.  

You can export your Transaction Report to a .csv file so you can filter and sort your data.  As you know the transaction report will give you the customers name but that is it.

Yes, you can click on the transactions in the dashboard but that is a pain.  I would go to your customer section and export your customer list.  With this, you can do some spreadsheet magic to pull the customers based on the transactions or you can just select the ones you want.  Your donation software may allow you to import the customer data too.

Now for the customers that only have a first name and last Initial.  That means the person that rung the sale didn't create a new customer for them.  The information you are seeing just came from the credit card data and that's all your going to get.  If you want full customer data you must ask for it and enter it yourself.   

Message 2 of 2