x

How can I record a transaction with no payment?

I am a small business inside of a resort and I want to be able to have guests charge items to their room.  Is there a way for me to ring a sale without taking a payment so that I can just walk the invoices to the front desk/auditor for payment at a later date?  The resort has said that we can do this but I'm not sure how to go about ringing the merchandise and closing out the sale. 

Thanks for any help and or suggestions

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @resortgirl18

I think you'll be interested in our Open Tickets feature.  This allows you to add items to a ticket for the guest and then you can pull up the ticket at check out! 

Message 2 of 5

I'll have to look into this.  However, the resort doesn't use my system so I am not sure this will work.  What we want to do is to ring up the customer after we verify they are a registered guest at the resort and then not require them to use a payment at all but for us to be able to print a reciept for them.  At checkout time and later in the evening, we would give all of those "sales" to the resort and they would in turn  make payment to us the following week.  

Message 3 of 5

Oh I see now @resortgirl18, you could still print a copy of the ticket. Although it would require a compatible receipt printer

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I'm looking for something similar, and I assume many Square customers would benefit from something like this. 

Message 5 of 5