x

How can I remove the scan option on the e gift card?

At some point the e-gift card lay out was changed and I just noticed it when I printed one for a contest I'm running. The scan bar is so much larger than the actual 16 digit number and I need the number not the scan bar to redeem it. The old e-gift cards that people have redeemed were so much different. The 16 digit numbers were basically where the scan bar is and as large. How do I get rid of the scan bar and have the 16 digits larger? I won't ever scan the bar and it actually makes the e-card look blah. I went through all my settings and I can't see where this was changed. I've attached an image of the e-card that I just printed to show what I'm seeingGift Card issue.jpg. Please help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @bbutler222

Thank you for reaching out about the customization options for your eGift Cards. 

Currently, this would be a Feature Request for our Product Team. Head over to our Ideate Board to post for them to take a look. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Kassi! I posted a photo of what the e gift cards used to look like. Why would this be a feature request? What happened to the beautiful e gift cards that people would get in their email. I have attached a photo of what they used to look like.Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 10.11.43 AM.png

Message 3 of 5

Please help. This was changed and I don't know why. The new format looks horrible. What happened to the pretty e gift card customers would get in their email and able to print out. The new one is non-printable.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@bbutler222

It looks like this was an update to our eGift Cards. There isn't a way to go back to the older version at this time. Submitting the Feature Request would let our Product Team know sellers are interested in bringing back the old version. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5