x

How can i make my square pos ask for age verification for certain purchases

How can i make my square pos ask for age verification for certain purchases 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

@sfm There is no "Age gate" in the Square POS.  and depending on what you are trying to "age gate" you may be violating the Square Terms of Service.  

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5089-prohibited-goods-and-services-with-square-point-of-sale

Message 2 of 16

I think I know why and I do have the same problem— it’s really to verify age for selling beer and wine.  

Message 3 of 16

I have the same use case. Any update on this?

Message 4 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey @sbdr - As of right now, this is a feature request. I don’t have any updates to provide but we will make sure to post further details on this feature should this get updated. 

Thank you. 😃

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 16
Beta Member

Message 6 of 16
Beta Member

You can create one using the popups, but it still does not lock you out if you say you are under 21.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6956-add-a-pop-up-or-banner

Message 7 of 16
Beta Member

Can we have age verification for square register inbuilt ? 

Message 8 of 16

@collegemart

Thanks for posting! This is a popular feature request that we don't currently have a dedicated timeline for. I've moved your post to this thread so you'll stay in the loop on any updates!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 16

We really do need this update soon. And especially for those of us that have the barcode scanner it would be nice to easily scan the customers ID and verify age. Luckily here in Louisiana we have an app from the state of Louisiana to easily verify age and vaccination status however using a separate service to do this is quite bothersome.

Message 10 of 16

Looking for any further information on this.  I would also like a pop-up age verification on the POS to help prevent accidental selling of alcoholic beverages in our store.  Many of our products are locally produced, and may not be easily identified between local sodas and local beers. 

Message 11 of 16
Beta Member

Square needs to get us an update on this, I am a new liquor store and really want to use the Square POS but seeing how the Age verification feature isn't available and no liquor store category on the Square POS really makes worried about the support they can offer.  At least they need to add the age verification for in store purchases, where we can age lock certain categories.  This wouldn't be that hard to do if they can allow us to create a rule or at least work with a 3rd party system that can integrate with the Square POS.  Please update us on this request. 

Message 12 of 16
Super Seller

There are many 3rd party things for this, I agree would love to see square have this but let them do what they do best and be a processor. 

Message 13 of 16
Beta Member

Can you share some of the 3rd party solutions? I know many states are planning on requiring this soon as if sales volumes go over a certain amount.

Message 14 of 16
Beta Member

long waiting for this feature.

Message 15 of 16

Hey there, @Turboliquor14

Thank you for adding your voice for this post! I would recommend adding this to our Ideate Board. There you can start a new thread for sellers to add their voice and our Product Team can take a look as well. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 16