x

How do I add the google_product_category to the items in my item library?

I've set up my Square site and built my item library.  I'm using Facebook Pixel to import the item library into a Facebook catalog.  I'm getting an error that states the google_product_category is missing.  How do I add that to my items?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

HI, a quick Google search found this support page

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324436?hl=en

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 11

That gives me the list of what the product categories are, but not where in my item's data to add the relevant information.  For example, this is the google product category many of my item's fall into.  But, I don't see anywhere in the details of my item to put the code that would reference this.  I'm pretty new to Square so not certain if this goes in one of the SEO boxes, or if there's another location where this designation needs to be added.

194 Apparel & Accessories Jewelry Earrings
Message 3 of 11

HI, in this case your store is just the placeholder.  Facebook working with Google are 2 integrations.   This is a Google Merchant situation.  Maybe posting on their Community page? 

how to fix invalid

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6239371?hl=en

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

It’s not a google problem. It’s square. Shopify has a place on their websites to put in the google product category. 

Message 5 of 11

HI, Square Product Listings

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7386-set-up-google-product-listings-on-square

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

I have had same inquiry with square support and they don’t know anything about it!  I told them that their engineers need to get with Facebook engineers and get something fixed. I would suggest calling square support and the more people inquire about it, they may fix it. Shopify has a specific place for it on there website. 

Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

I keep getting this when trying to add this feature .... Any ideas? We are a gallery metrogallerylincoln.com. This feature is only available for Food and Drink sites, to change your business type
Message 8 of 11

Hi there, looks like this thread has been going for many years. I'm suffering with this exact problem.  

Error - 

• These fields have missing information: Make items easier to discover by providing google_product_category information. 

And when I look at square support I find this;

Note: Google Local Listings are available only to sellers in the United States. We don’t have a specific timeline for when Google Listings will be available internationally.

Can someone please Help? thanks in advance

Message 9 of 11

I also have this issue with the same "google_product_category" error message, trying to connect Meta with Square. When I click on "Edit fields" I have no idea where in the listing attributes to put this information. Shouldn't Meta just read the category we put in our product listings?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hello @liberumstudio and welcome to the Seller Community

At this time, we cannot troubleshoot integrations. This part of the integration is maintained by Meta. I suggest reaching out to their team directly so they can assist in making sure your integration works correctly.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11