x
Beta Member

How do I cancel Payroll subscription?

Existing help files speak in general terms about cancelling services and direct you to Settings -> Business -> Pricing & Subscriptions.

On that list, I see three other services I am subscribe to, but not Payroll.

How can I cancel my Payroll subscription?

Can you update the help documents to indicate how this done.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @UglyBaby and @VanKalkerFarms, thanks for bringing this up.

We surfaced your post with our Payroll Team and have some more information:

• Firstly, if you've never sent a payroll run, your Square Payroll subscription is inactive. If you fall into that category, you will not see Square Payroll in the Pricing & Subscriptions tab and you can rest assured that you're not getting billed.

• If you have sent a payroll run, your subscription is active and you will see the option to cancel in Settings > Business > Pricing & Subscriptions.

I hope this helps get you where you need to be. If you have any specific concerns or want a team member to verify that your subscription is inactive, please let our Customer Success Team know.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this. We're constantly surfacing examples to our product teams where we can improve clarity. Let us know if any questions remain!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

I'm not sure if it can be canceled in the pricing and subscriptions section.  @Tom is this something that is user cancelable since it has operations it will do in the future like run payrolls or print W2's, or does it need to be done by calling customer support?

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @UglyBaby and @VanKalkerFarms, thanks for bringing this up.

We surfaced your post with our Payroll Team and have some more information:

• Firstly, if you've never sent a payroll run, your Square Payroll subscription is inactive. If you fall into that category, you will not see Square Payroll in the Pricing & Subscriptions tab and you can rest assured that you're not getting billed.

• If you have sent a payroll run, your subscription is active and you will see the option to cancel in Settings > Business > Pricing & Subscriptions.

I hope this helps get you where you need to be. If you have any specific concerns or want a team member to verify that your subscription is inactive, please let our Customer Success Team know.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this. We're constantly surfacing examples to our product teams where we can improve clarity. Let us know if any questions remain!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 7

I've never sent a payroll run and I'm still being charged. How do I cancel? I'm not using it and I'm tired of wasting my money.

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@Bankabyrd you will need to follow Tom's instructions here:

If you have sent a payroll run, your subscription is active and you will see the option to cancel in Settings > Business > Pricing & Subscriptions.

If you still don't see that, let me know how much you were charged and I can try to cancel the subscription for you.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for this answer. However, there is a date option, and I've had to push that date, so payroll doesn't run. I reached out to customer support, but didn't get a call or specific answer on how to delete the Square Payroll all together from my account.  Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 7

This is not a complete answser, and it does not solve the problem.

Message 7 of 7