x
Beta Member

How do I cancel a second location?

Hello, i created a 2nd location by mistake. How do I remove it?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This has to be done from the PC Dashboard, not the mobile one.

From your dashboard, click on Account & Settings, then Business, then Locations.  You'll get a screen showing your current locations.  Just click on the location you want to deactivate, and in the top right corner of the screen there is a box labeled Deactivate.  Click on that, and confirm if it asks if you want to deactivate the location.  The location is not deleted, so you can reactivate it in the future if you want to.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This has to be done from the PC Dashboard, not the mobile one.

From your dashboard, click on Account & Settings, then Business, then Locations.  You'll get a screen showing your current locations.  Just click on the location you want to deactivate, and in the top right corner of the screen there is a box labeled Deactivate.  Click on that, and confirm if it asks if you want to deactivate the location.  The location is not deleted, so you can reactivate it in the future if you want to.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 12

Update: ***I went back and saw that while it looks like the location is still up, there is now a menu on the top left that says INACTIVE.  I toggled the menu and looked for my active location and it came up.  It's a little confusing, but I found it while playing around with the site.

Old question: I followed the instructions given in order to deactivate a location, but it doesn't work for me.  If I deactivate the location by selecting the "Deactivate" in the top right corner, for some reason, that one stays up and the one I want gets hidden.  I'd like to deactivate a location and I need more assistance.

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Glad you got this one solved, @Rosepeddles4U! Thanks for letting us know.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 12

We experienced the same issue as Rosepeddles4U. Clicking deactivate within the location (mobile) we want to deactivate actually deactivates the other (physical) location and suppresses its display on the locations page. Please advise when this bug has been fixed.

Message 5 of 12

YES!  I have the same problem- for some reason 2 locations are showing with the exact some info- EXCEPT one has a nickname. When I deactivate either one- they BOTH deactivate.  Very frustrating!

Message 6 of 12

Has this issue been fixed yet? I am haivng the same trouble. I deactivate the one I dont want yet it remains as the other is deactivated. 

Message 7 of 12

Hi @Rocci and welcome to the Seller Community! Right now we do not have any updates for deleting a second location. While you can deactivate it, it will remain on your account in case you accepted sales so you always have access to those reports.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 12

I deactivated the account but when customers scan my code it still shows both locations. How do I remove it completely so customers aren't guessing whoch location to click on

Message 9 of 12

Hello @Healthyday,

Welcome to the Seller Community! 

When it comes to locations, there is no way to delete locations, you can only inactivate them. Also, what type of code are you referring to, can I please get more details?

We will be on the lookout for your reply. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 12

I’ve had the same problem.  I accidentally added a second location and want it GONE.  But I can’t, when I “deactivate” it removed the location we wanted to keep.  And vice versa.  I think I’ve got the right one active, but this is a pain and I want the wrong one gone because it was added in error.  And since I’m still setting up the account, it’s requiring me to put EIN number and info on the location we want to delete or we can’t move forward with the correct account.

Message 11 of 12

Hello @DWTayCPR I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! Feel free to reach out to me or any of our Seller Community moderators if we can help with anything

As Sayra mentioned above you cannot delete a location but you can deactivate the location. From your Dashboard in Location Details click "Deactivate" in the top right-hand corner. 

If you have any further questions let me know! 

Message 12 of 12