x
Beta Member

How do I change catagory headers on item export/import?

I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it.  I want to list the distributor I buy from on my item import/export to better keep track of inventory. But that isn't one of the default headers.  How do I change or create a new header?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@HaworthWine Hmm, you should see a column heading 'Category' for Column D in the Item Detail CSV report, which you can download from the Sales section of your Dashboard.

You should also see 'Category', also under Column D, when export your inventory using the Import/Export tool from the Items section of your Dashboard.  

You might need to switch to another browser or check that your spreadsheet program (e.g. Excel) is up to date. If you're still not seeing it can you reply here to let me know so I can take another look? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I have that header. But I use it to differentiate between beer, wine and spirits.  So I just need one more header to change or the ability to add one.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I see what you're getting at now. ! I'll share your request for another type of category or column (i.e. "Distributor Name") with the Inventory team.

You could also take a look at the Square for Retail app, which has advanced inventory options, including Vendor Management. Square for Retail is a separate app from Point of Sale and there is a subscription fee to use it but there's a 30-day free trial if you want to take a look.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4