x

How do I change the redemption policy for eGift cards?

I run a service and the fine print for the gift card says for use in store only. Is there any way I can edit that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community @jfaigel 🎉 🎈

There isn't a way to edit the fine print for either eGift cards, or physical gift cards, but I definitely see how that would be helpful if you don't have a store/retail location! I'll share this feedback with our Product Team, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

In the meantime, if you're ordering physical gift cards you can add a description to your gift card item from your Square Dashboard. (Click on an existing gift card item to make changes). Anything you add as a description will appear on your customer's receipts. So you could use this field confirm that the gift card can be redeemed with you and not 'in store'. 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@VVP

You can customize the terms from your dashboard. Once you're signed-in, go to your Items page. And then go to "gift cards" (at the top right of the page). Now, you'll see a place to "Configure Order Page" where you can change the language of the terms. 

Message 3 of 4

Thank you but I have tried that. The redemption policy is prefilled with "Redeemable in-store at all locations". It is grayed out and will not allow me to select or type in that space. 

Message 4 of 4