x

How do I contact my customer?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Had a disputed charge, how do I contact customer?]

Had someone dispute a charge but can't get ahold of anyone to rectify the problem 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Maryleeperry-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

If you'd like to contact any of your customers, whether they've filed a dispute of not, you can see a customer’s name on the bottom-left corner of a payment receipt, as long as the information has been made available by their card-issuer. Receipts can be found in the Transactions tab of your online Square Dashboard.

If you do not see the name of your customers in the bottom-left corner of the receipt, that means that their name and contact information is not available to you, either because they did not enter their email address when making the purchase, or their card issuer keeps their name from receipts (for privacy purposes). 

We're currently unable to share any contact information belonging to your customers, including email addresses or phone numbers. However, if you obtain customer contact information and add it directly to the sale or your Customer Directory, that information is accessible in your online dashboard anytime.

There are a few ways to make sure you’re able to access customer information:

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and request to speak with our Disputes Team. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 2