x

How do I disallow product pickup on holidays (when the store is closed)?

In my online store how can I prevent people from choosing a pickup date that's a holiday, when the store will be closed? For example, we're usually open on Thursdays and Fridays, but not on Thanksgiving (and the day after). 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @PieOhMySTL, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for bringing this up — we don't currently offer a way to block out specific days for later pickup.

For now, my best suggestion is to set a reminder one week before the holiday comes up. Then you can head over to your Settings tab > Business Hours > manually uncheck the date of the holiday when you will be closed > Save your changes.

This will prevent anyone from ordering an item for pickup one week prior to the holiday. You may also want to give advanced notice in the item description that it won't be available for pickup a few weeks before the holiday as well — depending on how far in advance people place orders from your Online Store.

I realize this manual process isn't ideal. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our Product Liaison team. We'll certainly reply here with any other options as they become available. Thanks for your patience as we're always working to improve!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9

Hello!

Just wondering if this has since been made available? 

Message 3 of 9

No it has never been resolved to my liking. Although since they have changed store set up, I guess I can’t definitively say.

I have with joy submitted to their surveys over the years, begging for a calendar for personalization, I guess that’s too hard, and somehow I am alone in wanting one.

Message 4 of 9

The original reply to my query, while doable, is straight garbage as a workaround 🤬

Message 5 of 9

I agree, the workaround is not ideal! Hopefully something will be made available soon. Thank you!

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

We appreciate your patience, @PSD! We hope to have a positive update for you soon. Stay tuned!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

And still nothing. Heading into the holidays.

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @fikathreelakes - you are correct here, we don't have any updates to share on this feature just yet. Like we stated above, as soon as we have a helpful update to share, we will do so here on this thread and you will be notified. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9