x
Beta Member

How do I edit break options?

I went to setting and added a break option, but it doesn't show on the list. I see there's a limit of 3 break types. I began by using the dashboard to enter shifts from our old system to learn how it all works. I had been given the option to create a new break, which I created 3. The original 3 do not show up under the Timecard settings for overtime and breaks, but the one I just created does, it just isn't an option on the timeclock. How do I edit these options?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hello @crystalimages! I think I know what happened here. When you go to the Overtime & Breaks section of your Dashboard you must choose the location before you enter your breaks:

1. From the Timecards section of your Dashboard click Settings > then click Overtime & Breaks.
  2. Click the location dropdown at the top of the screen to select a specific location - make a note of the location name. (In my screenshot the name is Location Name).

Then, go back to the Workday section > and  click Add Shift. Under 'Team Member Details' select the same location > then click Add Breaks. The breaks you've already crated for that location should appear.

If you're still having trouble or seeing an error please reply here to let me know so I can keep investigating! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks Helen,

It's always the obvious that escapes me.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

It took me a minute (or 5...) to figure it out too! 🤔 It's good feedback for the Timecards team - thanks for flagging this!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4