x

How do I get a signature when using the chip card reader?

I'm thinking about getting a chip card reader. I didn't see how a customer could sign for the purchase with that. Can you help me understand if they can sign, and where they do sign?  Thank you. Cindi Ford RFWC

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

They sign on the iPhone or iPad just as they would with if you were using the free magstripe reader.  The chip reader is simply how the credit card data gets to the Square Register app running on your device.

I recomend the contactless Chip card reader over the plug in chip card reader.  The contactless one lasts for days or weeks depending on useage.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

They sign on the iPhone or iPad just as they would with if you were using the free magstripe reader.  The chip reader is simply how the credit card data gets to the Square Register app running on your device.

I recomend the contactless Chip card reader over the plug in chip card reader.  The contactless one lasts for days or weeks depending on useage.

Message 2 of 7
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for helping out this this question. I couldn't agree more with your recommendation. The Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader is my favorite reader too! 👌🏻 

@RFWC - Welcome to the Seller Community, and thanks for posting a question! We hope to see more of you. Also, since

VanKalkerFarms's answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find this thread if they have the same question. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

We do not have the option of having the customer sign on the ipad.  How do I enable this?  We would prefer this over paper signatures.

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

I read this before - there’s no “settings” option when I touch the 3 lines. It’s not on the list. What am I doing wrong?

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

what app are you using?  the Settings menu have been in Square POS from the beginning.  if you can't get to setting there isn't a way to setup printers or card readers etc, and you are prinitng to a printer so you had to set it up by creating print stations.

IMG_2927.PNG

Message 7 of 7