x

How do I perform a "pay in" for my cash register?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: after starting a cash drawer how to I add cash if I run out during the shift.]

New to square, and was wondering how you go about adding cash to the drawer during a shift.  is this possible without closing the drawer and recounting it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Larrys_Nursery,

Welcome, yes, you will want to use the Paid in/paid out feature available in-app to manage your cash drawer. Here is an article on cash drawer management. Specifically what you are looking for is: 

"Record Cash Paid In and Paid Out

With the Paid In/Out feature, you can record transfers and withdrawals from your cash drawer. Cash paid in and out appears in the drawer history on the iPad, with both the description you enter and the total amount in the drawer.

To record cash paid in and out:

1. From your in-app menu, tap Reports > Current Drawer.
  2. Tap Paid In/Out.
  3. Enter the cash amount and a description.
  4. Tap Paid In if you add cash, or Paid Out if you remove cash from the drawer.
  5. Tap Confirm Paid In or Confirm Paid Out."

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks @mattd !

@Larrys_Nursery 

Alternatively, if you run out of small bills and have an excess of larger bills, you could also take out an equal amount of money as you put in and then you wouldn't have to record it or do anything else!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Hello @Larrys_Nursery,

Thanks for posting in the community. Seems like you got everything handled from the info provided by our amazing peers/sellers. I'll aso link the support article mentioned above in my thread as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 7

I need to add beginning cash to open drawer

Message 5 of 7

I'm trying to put in begining cash in the drawer. It is not popping up where I can do that. My other POS does but this one dies not.  I go into settings and i can not choose cash management 

Can someone please help

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Maschakaye and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over paid in/paid out features with cash management.

@mattd answered this one above in his best answer for reference!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7