x

How do I select a specific item from my inventory on an iPhone and show tax for item selected

: I uploaded my catalog. I am using an iPhone. When I select the item, the price shows, but the tax does not. If I then enter a manual amount, the tax shows, calculated for both items. The sales tax is turned on per the web site.
I have tried putting 10.3 in the Sales Tax column of the upload file. I have tried leaving it blank. I have tried Y and N. When I examine the item on my phone, it shows the tax for the item is Off. I should not have to turn on the tax for each time.
So, how should my setting(s) be to auto-calculate when I upload my items.
Also, do you have a test mode, where I could turn it on and go through a whole sale, without you actually completing the transaction. At this point, I do a low value test, where the effect is I simply move money from one account to another, but you get a fee.
And one last question. I sell one of a kind pens. Is there a way to select by SKU or some other field of the catalog. The iPhone shows two letters of the Item Name and part of the Description. Many are similar, but no two exactly alike.
Steve

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @landrovertoo

You'll want to check your Tax settings within your Point of Sale app. It sounds like you have the tax enabled for specific items (including "Custom Amount").

If you head to your Tax settings within the app, and tap on "Applicable Items", you should be able to view which items the tax is applied to. 

In regards to taking test payments, there isn't a test or training mode that you can use, but it's a popular feature request that our Payments team is tracking. We've been advocating for this on behalf of our sellers for a while now, but nothing new has come up as of yet. 

You can definitely search items by SKU from the Checkout screen by using the search field and typing in specific SKU numbers or details. 

Message 2 of 2