x

How do I send a mass text to all my clients?

I am going on vacation and need to send a message to all of my clients, telling them I will be out of the country and won’t be able to answer calls/text messages until I get back. How do I do this with my appointment app? Thank you 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Super Seller

I don't use appointments but we do use Square Marketing and with that, you would be able to send out an email to all your customers.  I'm not sure if there is something like that in Appointments.  @Chad ?

Message 2 of 21
Alumni

Hey @Sublimebeauty26 - We don't currently have a feature that offers text messaging. Square Marketing, which @VanKalkerFarms mentioned above, is the only mass messaging we offer at the moment.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 21
Beta Member

That’s really funny because we used to have that option ,mass test to invite our customers to make appointments ,how hard would it be to reset that option up it works much better than emailing because nobody ever looks at their email ,or at least not all of my clients look at their email it sure would make my life a lot easier at this moment, I am not happy with all the changes, I think it’s made your service much more difficult to use, please help me with this problem and bring back the mass texting option.

Message 4 of 21
Beta Member

Do you us zipwip for your texting service? 

Message 5 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Tiffany1 thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this. I hear you - the ability to send mass texts would be very useful as not everyone checks their email regularly. Having this option would open the door for some business owners to have more flexibility in how they communicate to their customers! 

I know this is frustrating, but I have shared your feedback with our Development Team. Hang tight as we continue to track the feedback from our Sellers regarding this feature request!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 21

It would be extra great at this time of pandemic. Where things keep changingof business owners are able to contact all guests through mass texts. I do use the email marketing feature, which is great. And square will message my guests reminders about appointments. Can we please set up mass texts. 

Message 7 of 21

Thanks for adding your voice here, @JeckaWight. Our Product Teams are actively working towards bringing this feature into the fold. We will continue to update this thread as we get more information. Thanks so much for your continued patience!

Joe
Message 8 of 21
Beta Member

When I first started square they had a setting that would go out to all your new clients that they could book online via text, Kinda odd that you took it away and you can’t just bring it back. Sometimes you try to make things better but it seems like it’s not it just ends up hurting us.

Message 9 of 21

Hi there, @Tiffany1 - we appreciate your honesty. We still do incorporate text reminders for customer Appointments, but those are on an individual basis.

Pushing your feedback and flagging it to our Product Teams. Thanks so much!

Joe
Message 10 of 21

This option is really needed. Especially given the price points I believe a lot of businesses are paying. Being able to have messaging and then have it taken away was not awesome for my business. And not having a need or want for the marketing add on to be able to send texts via square doesn't help with that either. It would be nice to send out a memo to clients with important business updates or important changes to their cell phones. Please take this into consideration to add this feature back. I don't believe this fits in the same category as text message marketing. Sometimes businesses need to reach out to their entire client base in a professional way to give notice on certain things.

Please take this into consideration.

Thank you,

Kelley

Message 11 of 21

Thank you for adding your voice to this feature request, @Salonksmith. While we don't have an update on this at the moment, we'll continue highlighting your feedback with our team. 

Message 12 of 21

My coffee shop customers keep asking for a text alert system. At first I purchase square marketing thinking that's what the campaigns offered not realizing there are only five slightly customizable campaigns. I need to be able to send out text alerts and deals of the days via mass texts to my customers. Most of my customers are millennials who are not going to check their emails like they would a text. Please offer this feature asap!!

Message 13 of 21

Personally I hate texting other than for immediate family, but you are right, millennials seem to be allergic to email.  If a business were to send me a text spam I would be unhappy.

Some phone companies allow texting to be done from a computer.  Maybe there is a way to do a mass text that way.

Message 14 of 21
Beta Member

has there been any update regarding mass texts?  More and more customers don't read the emails or they go into spam/junk.  Unless the option of sending mass texts is added soon, i may discontinue the marketing service because it's not really helping much

Message 15 of 21

YES!!! We need mass texting options. Emails are not that relevant anymore!! My clients wold rather get a text over an email any day!!!

Message 16 of 21

How do you send a mass customer email and /or text?

Message 17 of 21

Unfortunately we still can’t do that. Which makes no sense because square texts my customers reminders of their appointment. Plus we can send mass emails but not texts? It’s really unfortunate. Maybe if enough people throw a fit it will finally be something we can do...

Message 18 of 21

I am struggling with the same issue regarding mass texts to clients. I am changing salons and it is such an inconvenience to contact everyone individually for this update. And I would like to also be able to send mass texts to advertise promotions or share any updates about my services. I am considering switching apps that allows mass communication if this doesn’t change

Message 19 of 21

Hi @Haileyaxeen and welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your added input on this feature request!

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 20 of 21

Hey @Sublimebeauty26

I'm stopping by to provide you with an update regarding your question in this post. Square has launched Text Message Marketing (SMS) in the US. Take a look at our Seller Community post here, provided by @kellyj

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 21 of 21