x

How do I turn off log in?

My POS has oddly started requiring a log in to make a sale. I has looked at what I may have accidentally done but can’t figure it out.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Champion

Hello @Lono thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. Try this...

To disable Passcodes from your Square app:

1. Visit Settings in the navigation menu.
  2. Tap Passcodes > toggle Passcodes off.
Message 2 of 8

Thank you. I figured it out right after I posted and you are exactly correct. I accidentally turned them on when adding a new employee.

Message 3 of 8

I need help turning off my log in as well. I cant seem to find any of these options. Maybe because im using Weebly?

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @B_Adams 👋 

Can you clarify what you mean by "Maybe because i'm using Weebly"? Are you referring to your Square POS app? Do you see the option to turn off passcodes under the settings menu? 

Message 5 of 8

I assumed because square merged with weebly that I may have missed some new feature. Im not using POS, nor am i using my site to sell anything for the foreseeable future. Im looking in the settings drop down that says, general, checkout, sales tax, tracking tools, units and im not seeing anything about passcodes. when im in the site editor and i click on that settings menu I see, general, seo, editors, my apps, blog... and im not seeing anything about passcodes. could you help me find where this passcode option is hiding?

Message 6 of 8

Ah, gotcha! If you log out of the site editor, and return to the main dashboard you should see all of those settings! Are you able to post a screenshot of what you see from your end? 

Message 7 of 8

Sorry, you should see all of those settings on the LEFT side of the main dashboard. (accidentally left that part out!) 

Message 8 of 8