x

How do I turn off the option for a client to book their own appointments?

How do I turn off the option for a client to book their own appointments?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@ptmassage912 yes, you are correct. At this time, there is not a way to block an individual from scheduling appointments with you. The best way to fix this will be to turn on manually accepting appointments so you can decline this individual's request to book.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Hey @jessica82, great question. At this time, the option to turn off booking but display the service online isn't available with Square Appointments.

For now, I'd suggest the following:

• Change the pricing option to "Call Us".
    or
  • Make sure that "Online Booking Visibility" is toggled off for all of your services.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply with any other insight as to why you'd like to prevent clients from booking online. I'll be sharing your suggestion with our product liaison team.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 16

Hello,

This is an issue that I am having also.  I am just opening my business and prefer to handle my own booking.  Being able to turn this service off would be a great help. 

Message 3 of 16

Has This issue been fixed or can you still not turn this off?

Message 4 of 16
Alumni

Hey @Dcombs - Currently, the only way to keep clients from booking online is to Disable Online Booking Site within the Visibility & Display settings in your Dashboard.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 16

Since I want to require a deposit for my appointments is there a way to put manual confirmation so i can personally confirm appointment once I receive deposit?

Message 6 of 16

Following!

Message 7 of 16

Hey @Abbi and @OnenessHaven,

I moved your post to an existing thread about clients booking their own Appointments.

See Puka's answer above on how to remove the ability for them to book themselves.

This may not be exactly what you're looking for here but it's the only way for them to not be able to book themselves.

Ashley C
Message 8 of 16

Does this mean as of 2020 there is no way to block an individual client from booking an online appointment?

'I want my online booking open to the public and all of my clients, but for an individual that is banned from my business - is there no way I can prevent them individually from booking on their own online?

Message 9 of 16

Best Answer

@ptmassage912 yes, you are correct. At this time, there is not a way to block an individual from scheduling appointments with you. The best way to fix this will be to turn on manually accepting appointments so you can decline this individual's request to book.

AshleyK
Message 10 of 16

This isn’t really a fix at all though - turning off all online booking when every other client is fine but you want to keep certain individuals from booking just creates a different problem.

Message 11 of 16

So here it is 2022 and there is still no way to block certain clients from booking online. This needs to happen. 

Message 12 of 16

that's crazy. this should be basic! 😕

Message 13 of 16

Dear square please come up with a resolution for this issue. As stated by others turning off manually excepting appointments is not a resolution to this issue. I would like to be able to block a specific client from being able to book appointments with me online in the future. 

Message 14 of 16

Agreed, Square needs to give us a simple way to block some customers. 

Message 15 of 16

2023 and still no way to ban clients. It’s actually ridiculous. Isn’t square and Squarespace affiliated? Why do they have this feature and we don’t?

Message 16 of 16