x

How do I wake the contactless chip reader when it's in the dock?

I bought these for infrequent use, so the chip reader needs to be woken when I use it - i know without the dock to press the button, but must i do this when it's in the dock?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

As long as it is plugged into power it should not go to sleep, so you will not need to push the button to wake it up.

Message 2 of 5

I recently got a new contactless chip reader and this is a constant issue, it's never active. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Just curious - what's your hardware setup.   For example, we have an iPad with a square stand and the contactless and chip reader and a Star Receipt printer - all connected via the stand's USB Hub - never had the contactless and chip reader go to sleep.

Message 4 of 5

I have the contactless chip reader stand, using Bluetooth to my Samsung tablet, both are newer.  I have been using this set up for years and have never had anything to complain about until recently when I went through two chip readers that had "hardware issue" according to my notifications on my tablet.  One was still under warranty and was replaced. Now when I go to use it, it takes about 30 seconds to "wake up" and read a card. 

Message 5 of 5