x

How do you connect the square chip reader to the Samsung S9?

I just purchased the Samsung S9 and can't figure out how to connect the chip reader with bluetooth. I have proceed cards by swiping cards with the phone, but am having trouble with the chip reader. Please let me know.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

HI @ACTCanine - Have you already followed all of the steps within our guide on how to pair your reader? If you did and you're still having issues, just shoot us over more details about what is happening when you attempt to pair and we can continue looking into this with you.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 3

I am having the same trouble.  Chip reader was previously used with a Galaxy S5 Note.   Got the S9+ a couple of weeks ago, and have not been able to use chip reader with it. 

Have tried all the steps to make the card/chip reader "forget" the old reader or to "reset"  the reader here: 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5673-square-contactless-and-chip-card-reader-troubleshooting 

Have uninstalled and reinstalled Square POS on the phone. 

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S9+ 

Android is v9 

chip reader is about 3 yrs old. 

Bluetooth will detect the chip reader, but when trying to pair, gives message:  "Couldn't pair.  Check settings for this device and try again."

Message 3 of 3