x

How do you pull a payroll report separating services from items sold?

I am having troubles pulling a payroll report separating services from items sold? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Thanks for surfacing, @mikethebarber. I'm going to run your post by our Payroll Team for more insight but—to be sure we're on the same page—can you provide a bit more on why this kind of report is important for your business? Appreciate your patience. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

Hi Tom! 

Thanks for your response. When you run a payroll report, there is no way to seperate a product sale vs. service sales. You currently must pull a report with all items or summary and manually edit the CSV by seperating the two, as services are not cataloged along with products in "items". Can you make a report to pull only services as most barbers don't pay taxes on service sales and need to run reports to seperate the product sales vs. services. From what I gather in the system, it seems as though the reports are mainly for a restaurant and do not cater towards a salon/spa/barbershop setup. Hope we can find a solution to this issue together. 

Regards, 

Mike

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thanks for that information, @mikethebarber. I don't have more details on hand right now, but I'll circle back as soon as I have more insight.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hey @mikethebarber, I reviewed this with a couple other team members and we still would like to make sure that we're fully understanding your business needs. Can you give our Customer Success team a call and go over this, step-by-step, in real time? They'll be able to escalate this internally for further review and advise on how to proceed. Thanks for your patience with this.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

@mikethebarber we realize that you asked this question quite a while ago, but there still isn't a clear solution provided by Square, so we figured that a response from us may still be welcomed.

As many of us are in the same boat as you; it would be overwhelmingly useful to have a report filter for Items vs Services.

In the meantime, we've been going to: Reports > Item Sales > Filter By > Item Category > Uncategorized. Services (currently) cannot be given a category, so they are all "Uncategorized." All Items have the ability to be given a category; so, just ensure that you do give all of your Items a specific category, and you'll be golden.

Message 6 of 7

It's 2023 and this still hasn't been solved. To summarize, Square does not allow for you to separate services from items/products in reports. 

Message 7 of 7