x

How to Move Items in the Items Library to Services Library?

I built my items library when I started using Square. My business is a services only business and now I am starting to use the appointments option. I want to have all items in the items library move over to the services library. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @JKP

Converting the Items in your regular Library to services would a Feature Request. I can see how making the switch would be tedious, so I am glad you reached out with your feedback. 

I will tag the appropriate team, so they can get some eyes on this. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Thanks so much, I appreciate that.

Message 3 of 8

I have the exact same issue. I am a services based company, but now i am seeing a service library which is mainly empty and my items library has all of my services.

I would like to be able to reclassify all of my items instead of recreating each one

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @David_DLR

I completely understand what you are trying to do here with your items. I really wish there was an easier way to transfer or convert your current Item library to services. However, as @Kassi_  mentioned above, this is a feature request and the only way to show services in your library is to add them one by one. 

We continue to take feedback on this feature and will let you know of any updates here. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Did this ever get answered? I need to do the same thing.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 8
Alumni

It looks like @Kassi answered this question above when she clarified that this is a feature request.

Your Service Library has to be set up completely separately from your Item Library, @brazosg. What that means is that it isn't currently possible to move items from your Item Library to your Service Library. You can learn more about what a feature request is here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

I have the opposite problem. They updated it so you can now convert items to services when you start using Appointments. I decided after some time that Appointments didn't fit my needs, and now all of my "services" are stuck as services that go by hours, and I need them back as items. I have yet to get an answer on if / how this is possible. 

Message 8 of 8