x

How to Partially redeem customer points in the loyalty program

I have my account set up to reward customers 1 point for every dollar spent and at every 100 points they get 5 dollars to spend in store however they would like. The issue im running into is it clears their reward everytime they use it regardles of their total spent i.e. They have a five dollar reward but only 3 dollars is the cost of their bill it charges them the full 5 dollars of their reward. how do we fix this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@teambottleshop

Thanks for this question, and welcome to the Community. The Loyalty program is near and dear to my heart, so I hope I can answer this for your specifically.

If I am understanding correctly, it sounds like you'd want the $5 reward to apply as $3 off one transactions and apply $2 towards the next.  Unfortunately, this is not something it can do, as the points are issued to a full sale.

When the reward is redeemed on a the sale, it is the full reward amount - so $5 is issued on that ticket, but if the buyer is only making a purchase of $3, they would lose $2 in rewards because they are not making a purchase of $5 or more.

You could consider changing the loyalty rewards to issue more frequently at a lower amount.  For instance, every $20 they spend they get $1 off would essentially be the same, but gives you the option to apply it more liberally.

We sometimes see a greater reward at the $100 level using tiered rewards, like an actual fully free item. This encourages your buyers to save their rewards over time, instead of using a $1 redemption on their orders.  Just some options to consider so your buyers are getting the full value of their rewards.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 4

Hey thank you so much! That is a super helpful answer and will help me moving forward

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@teambottleshop

Glad I could help! Let me know if you need anything else. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 4