x
Beta Member

How to generate report showing Apple Pay transactions & associated tips?

Is it possible to generate a report that would show ApplePay payments & associated tips?  I would also like to do the same for credit card transactions for a period of time.  I want to compare how the ApplePay is affecting our staff tips. I would guess that 90% are walking away from the terminal when they get the obnoxiously large tip prompt, leaving the staff to complete the transaction sans tip.  The credit card set up is better for customers and staff, requiring the customer to sign and the small tipping options at the top.  Every staff member HATES getting an ApplePay transaction. I'm pretty sure every customer HATES the large "leave a tip" boxes" that they get presented with as well.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, give us the option to change it, the same way you do with credit cards.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @VCB, thank you for sharing this.

While we do not currently offer a specific dashboard report for Apple Pay payments and associated tips, you can view this information by downloading your Transactions CSV. Looking at the spreadsheet, you can refer to the "Card Entry Methods" column; "Tapped" payments indicate that it was Apple Pay. From there, you can sort and compare tips collected versus swiped/dipped payments.

In addition, I will be sharing your request to have more control over Apple Pay & tipping settings with our Product Liaison team. We're always keep track of seller feedback and making improvements. Please keep in touch, and let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

I specifically want to see a report of customers that pay their invoices with Apple Pay or Google Pay compared to keying in their Payment info.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@NARPLDR -

Although the Payment Method Report in Dashboard breaks down keyed payments, a report that breaks down Google and Apple pay payments cannot be generated with Square at this time. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4