x

How to handle upcharges?

Wondering how those you who serve food are handling this.

Here is my scenario (one of many).

A customer orders a salad, so I then have a modifier set up that will allow the hostess to select the dressing they would like. Say they want extra dressing which would be an upcharge. So they have already added a dressing, so then the other dressings will still show $0.00. Is it possible to set this up to say once one modifier is selected, then a price is assigned to the other modifiers? Right now I just have an extra tab that says "extra dressing" with a price on it, but this is cumbersome because then the waitress has to put in the notes what the extra dressing is. Not a fluid way of doing it, but it is getting us by. Like I said, this comes up in multiple other issues so hoping there is a way.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

First question, this is very common that someone wants 2 different types of dressing with the salads?

If so, I would just have two modifier groups.  The first one, for the choice of primary dressing.

The second one, An optional group with the same list of dressings, each with the upcharge amount, and a default choice of no extra dressing.  Server can choose as many as she likes, so a customer could get 3 different types, etc.  Unless you have a list of 100 dressings, this wouldn't be too tedious to type.

Message 2 of 2