x

How to manage different varieties and price points for single item

Our bakery sells 8 flavors of a single item. We offer a price break if customers purchase 6 of these items (regardless of flavor), and another break if they purchase 12. For example:

One item (regarless of flavor): $3.00

Six items (single or mixed flavors): $16.50

Twelve items (single or mixed flavors): $32.00

I'm having trouble determining how to track the different flavors and maintain the price points. I would like to know that I sold X of flavor 1, Y of flavor 2, etc. Currently I have single items set up in Square for each flavor, then separate items for the bag of 6 and the bag of 12. Having the bags of 6 and 12 configured this way does not track the flavors that went into those bags.

Has anyone successfully done something like this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Unfortunately, there isn’t a perfect, or automatic  way to do this currently. 

Whst we we do is have 3 price points per item and then the cashier has to choose the right price point. It may involve going back to a previous item entered to adjust the price down. 

Here is is what I have. 

CA6FD7B7-6CE8-4475-AD74-9E9DBDCCD0FE.png

Message 2 of 4

That's a good suggestion. I'm going to give that a try and see how we like it. Seems that would give the data I'm looking for (mostly).

Perhaps there will be future updates that will make this more straightforward.

Thanks for the quick suggestion!

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

You have to educate your cashiers for sure because it will cause issues. But it should get the data you want. But be ready for the inevitable phone call if you overcharged me on this because in the hurry to checkout an item could be missed getting the discount. 

Rumors red have been that they are investing new was to discount and have multiple pricing discounts. So let’s hope so, because it is needed. 

Message 4 of 4