x

How to manage online orders flow in POS?

Hello,

We recently use online order function which integrated with the store POS.

There were hundred of online orders flowed to the store POS, and we find it is difficult to manage those orders by scroll thru them one page at a time.

Is there a way for us to be able to

1. Search orders on the store POS

2. Apply filtering such as new order, processed order ...

Note: these 2 functions are available from the online web site, but it is inconvenience for us to use multiple devices (laptop&POS) to manage orders.

Best,

Nikki

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Hey @npham1110-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Within the Square Point of Sale app each order falls into one of the following fulfillment states:

• Active: All orders that need to be accepted, or orders in progress (i.e. not completed).
  • New: All orders awaiting action. If auto-printing is enabled, new orders will print as they come in.
    *In Progress: Orders being prepared.
  • Ready: All orders ready for pickup (by diners or couriers).
  • Completed: All completed or canceled orders.

This should help you organize when trying to view certain fulfillment statuses at a time.

In addition to the order status, you’ll also see a breakdown of orders by Source. For example, if you have active orders coming in from your Square Online Store, powered by Weebly, and Caviar, you’ll see both online ordering platforms listed. Note: If you do not have active orders for a particular platform, you will not see it listed.

Orders will appear top-down, newest to oldest.

I hope this information is helpful. To learn more about managing orders with Square, please take a look at this article. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 14

Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for the respond.

Some time we got hundreds of Active orders from Weebly in just a few minutes, specially when we first enable online order to start the day.

and these Active orders appear top-down on the Square app which we would need to scroll down one page at a time to find a specific order, so have ability to search for a specific order for example customer name would be helpful.

Since you mentioned orders has fulfillment states, is there a way for me to display all orders in one specific state. example to see only orders has been completed?

Best,

Nikki

Message 3 of 14
Admin

Hey Nikki-

Just to be clear here, are you using the Square Online Store, or a separate integrated app for your orders?

Regardless, you should be able to sort through orders like this:

What are you seeing on your end? Let me know! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 14

hi Isabelle - I’m using SQUARE the black  version one. I believe it’s the latest POS from Square. I wonder how to get to those tabs that you show the screenshot above? 

Message 5 of 14
Alumni

Hey @npham1110

Thanks for clarifying. The UI is different for The Square Register. At the top of your screen, tap the carrot arrow pointing down to expand the menu and tap Orders. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 14

Hi JustinC,

Thank You for providing steps to get to the filtering on Orders.

I'm still looking for search capability, is there a way for me to search for example a customer name in Orders using The Square Register ?

Best,

Nikki

Message 7 of 14
Alumni

No there isn't a search function in POS, but the Online Store Dashboard allows you to search the Orders section. 

@npham1110

Justin
Message 8 of 14

Hello;

We are in the final stages of setting up our on-line store for our Food Truck.  We are in the process to testing before we go live and having a few roadblocks with order visibility. 

Situation:

Location& Time: XYZ Ave @ 5:00 – 7:00 [Pickup options are enabled]

1. Placed an order
  2. Received order confirmation via email of new order

Our Roadblocks:

We can see the order on the dashboard but do not see it on the mobile APP transaction. We want to be able to print from the mobile app all tickets prior to the event.  How do we link the dashboard transactions to the mobile app?

Message 9 of 14
Admin

Hey @kfontinell. Congrats on the next step of setting up your Online Store!

Take a look at the answers on this relevant thread. One addresses where you can find your Online Store orders in the POS app, and the other shows where they can be found in the Register. Depending on what you're using, this thread should be able to help either way.

Let us know if any other questions come up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 10 of 14
Beta Member

I set up our website and it was great! Easy and it has all the features we needed that other platform didn't!

But after publishing it and getting orders, I realized the "After sale" part is extremely not comfortable to work with,

We sell custom cakes so its all Delivery or pick up for a future date and time, 

Once ordered, The Orders list doesn't show the Pickup/Delivery date, not through Weebly or Square sited, So it's all mixed.

We can have orders for next month or for the next couple days but if I don't open the orders one by one I would never know,

The only date it shows is the Order date, Which doesn't really help 😞

I was hoping it would at least it would integrate with google calendar or even Square Appointments,

Also, in the APP, iPhone or Ipad, You cannot even see the pickup/delivery date! this is I'm sure a mistake, How would I be able to know? Only from a desktop? It must be opened from a computer which makes things much harder,

the only solution is to print the orders (Again, Only works from a computer, Not available to print from the App), And organize them manually, But the reason we made this website is to make things more automatically and easier 

Any ideas on what others with this issue did? 

Thank you!

Message 11 of 14

On my second week with Square Register and have some questions.

1.   We have A LOT of phone orders for a later pickup.   How can I process the ticket and accept payment later?  

2.   How do you set the ticket number and can you restart each day at #1?

3.  How do you turn off receipt printing for both cash and credit card payments?

Message 12 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Denise3! Thanks for asking. I'm going to answer your questions here, but I've also merged your post to an existing thread where Isabelle does an amazing job of detailing how to manage orders on our Point of Sale system. While you're on our Register, the flow will be very similar. 

1: You can get an alert when an order is placed and prepare it then, but you cannot accept payment later unless you process all the orders over the phone and send invoices to your clients.

2: For ticket numbers, do you mean for online orders or for open tickets? 

3: You can turn off receipt printing under Settings > Hardware > Printers on your Register. Go to your receipt printer and toggle off "Receipts."

AshleyK
Message 13 of 14

We have 2 websites on our Square Online - no other sites.   Orders from one site show up on the Register so we fulfill them at the same time as we are accepting walk in orders but Only one site shows up.   What do we need to do that the 2nd site Orders show up on the Register?

Message 14 of 14