x

How to merge online sales and mailorders to have a single track of inventory status

I have an online order site for items to be delivered at holidays.  Additionally there are paper orders arriving for those same items?  Is there a way to consolidate stock inventory to merge the online and mail order sales?  I am entering the mail orders as invoices-- it there another method that would automatically count against the stock levels....thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @FA2019,

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Thanks for bringing this up—it sounds like you'd like to have the ability to deduct inventory as you issue an invoice. Is that correct? At this time, the only way to deduct inventory counts with invoices is by marking the invoice as paid or when your customer completes the payment themselves. We're keeping track of this request in this thread: Inventory should be deducted when an invoice is created (not when it's paid).

Out of curiosity, are your customers who order by mail eventually paying by card or some other form of payment? I'll be happy to surface more details with our Invoices team. Keep in touch for updates!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

yes to answer your first question I would like to be able to deduct inventory when the invoice is created ( regardless of payment status) 

Thanks 

Message 3 of 5

And they have an option to pay online via the link in the invoice email.  Many prefer to pay by check when the items are delivered.  That is why it is crucial for me to be able to track all the orders against the stock levels in inventory.

Diane 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Got it. Thanks for confirming, Diane. I went to check, and there aren't any updates that I can share out right now—though please do stay in touch as we'll announce any developments that may help with managing your inventory.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 5