x

How to process a cash refund from a different location, keeping both cash drawers and sales correct?

A customer purchased an item with cash from one of our other locations and decided to return it and buy two other items instead. So far I have recorded the new purchase at the return location in Square, and the customer paid the difference between the two transactions. Customer is happy, but location 2's cash drawer is currently $2.65 short. I know how to find and refund a transaction from the site where the original purchase was made, including a partial refund, but not one involving two locations. Theoretically, we could return the item to the original location from the transaction record there, and return the change to the second location. However, two of our locations are a long boat ride away--and the boats don't run every day! Gotta be another way to keep the books straight. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

I don't believe there is going to be a way to return and sell from 2 different locations and have them balance as there is no way to return the cash to a different sites location from where it is accepted.

Message 2 of 3

Yet that's a common occurrence. Fortunately, other two-location returns have only exchanged an item for a different size, which required no refund.

Message 3 of 3