x

How to "Un-checkout," a customer, apply payment to a different appointment? How to apply e-gift card

Hi,

I have a few issues I have recently run into and I am not quite sure how to fix.
1. How can you apply a payment to a different appointment? (I applied a payment to a wrong customer's appointment)
What is the best way to resolve this?
I did a refund and re-ran the clients credit card under the right appointment, but the wrong appointment still shows as closed out. It's a future appointment that hasn't happened yet.

2. How do you apply an e-gift card payment to any appointment when the client does not bring in the e-giftcard?
3. Is there a way to categorize the services list? I'd like to have services under different categories to make it easier for my customers to book online, instead of having one giant, long service menu list.

please help, thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @dalyskinandbody, welcome to the seller community and thanks for raising these issues. I had a look through your post and wanted to make sure you got a followup.

As for the first point about the appointment that's closed out—the ability to re-open or completely remove an unintended transaction is not available at this time. In order to make sure the future appointment slot is assigned to the correct client, you can create a new one from the online Square Dashboard.

For times when your customer shows up and wants to pay with an eGift Card but does not have their card information handy, you can look up the customer’s email or phone number in your Customer Directory.

As for your last question about services, you can reconfigure the order of your services from the Visibility & Display tab, but further categorization/display settings are not currently available.

I'll be sure to surface your post with our Appointments Team and highlight areas where we can improve both the buyer and seller experience. Please don't hesitate to let me know if any other questions come up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2