x

How view customers during specific time frame? Total, new, & returning?

I don't want a worthless graph. I need the actual numbers that are being supplied to make the graph. I need to be able to pick a period of time (such as an entire year) & know how many customers there were in total, new, & returning. Spending data would be great as well. I get this in an email summary at the end of every month but I have no way of producing those numbers on my own through my dashboard.

If it's not a feature, it's not hard to make it one. Square, you already have the information. Please just give it to me so I can give my analytics to important people who need to see my customer growth analytics. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thanks so much for the input @GLG.

Aside from the chart that is shown on the Customer Insights tab, I agree with you in it would be easier if we had numbers listed that had a break down of Total, New, and Returning customers instead of having to sift through the chart.

This article talks a bit more about how the insights tool is used and how we calculate visits. Hopefully it helps you to know how we're actually pulling the data.

Puka talks about how to filter your top customers by Total Spent on this particular post. Although it doesn't give a quick snap shot of the numbers you're wanting, it's also another good way to compare customer spending information. 

I'll make sure to pass your feedback on the customer insight page to our product team. You're not the only one wanting more robust information when it comes to customer spending information.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 3

Yet another feature that is simple to provide, & very important to a business, that does not exist. Honestly, the graph is pulling data from a chart on the backend. That's all it needs to be. A download of data. I think the graph was a waste of time for Square to create because it's useless.

Message 3 of 3