x

I’m utilizing Pre-payments and I’m trying to figure out…how to you close out the sale completely

This year I’m trying to work smarter not harder! Lol. I’m a Braider/Loctician so I have played around with most of the payment services. I’m trying to cut down on all the excessive amount of time spent on manually updating invoices and payments. 
For the last few years I’ve used INVOICES as my primary pay of accepting my DEPOSITS. when I found the feature that allowed you to actually set up the deposit amount and schedule it….it was heavenly!!! Little to zero errors!! But soooooo time consuming as an entrepreneur. 
This year I wanted to take away all that work and offer PRE-PAYMENTS that way I wouldn’t have to do so much work. They could go online themselves at their leisure while I’m working and just pay and done. But I’m having an issue….when the clients arrives to the appointment and we are about to close out the sale for services….it DOES NOT let me edit it. It’s permanently closed as a recipient, but it shows the remaining amount due at the top of the page as if you could close it out. I literally had to manually make up another appointment slip, type out the sale and differentiate the price difference and then close out the sale. 

my question is….is this the way it’s intended to work? Or am I missing something?? I would almost rather go back to invoicing because you can completely close out the entire sale ….but it doesn’t show up on your appointments as a slot. So there’s that double work as well. Can. Someone please explain if this is the way it’s supported to work or if I’m misunderstanding something. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BraidednDreaded,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thank you for writing in with this question!

Are you currently using Square Appointments to check out customers? There is a pre-payment option for /Square Appointments but it works a bit differently from what you've described here as your customers would have to pay the full amount upon booking. It would be really helpful if you could attach a screenshot - I think there's a way around this, but I'd like a better idea of how you've set this up so we can tweak it to make checking out more straightforward. I'll keep an eye out for your response 😊

Message 2 of 2