x

I’ve added my first team member but I don’t know how she is suppose to use it.

Where and how does she log on? The idea is for her to use her mobile phone and check people out (she is a cashier). Does she download the square app? How will the app know she is to have access to my account?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Pao1-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

When you add a team member in the Square Dashboard, based on the permissions granted, your team member should've been sent an invite via email to create their own login for accessing online Square Dashboard and/or the Square Point of Sale app on their personal device. You should refer them to open up this email, and create a password so that they can download the Square app, and then login with the credentials you're providing to them. From there, they'll be able to take payments on your behalf, and you'll be able to adjust their permissions accordingly.

Did she check her email? Did she have an invite to create a team member profile?

Let me know. These instructions should also help.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6

Thank you @isabelle I will check with her to see if she has received the email.

Was I suppose to receive an email as well letting me know square has sent her an email invite?

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hey @Pao1 - stepping in for Isabelle!

You as the account owner will not be sent an email that the invitation was sent to your employee. However, from the Team tab of your Dashboard next to your employee's name, you'll see their status change from invited to active once they finish setting up. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Thank you. That helps. I was able to see what you mentioned. Turns out I have 2 square accounts and I had added her on the wrong account. So I added her as a team to the correct account and when she logs on she keeps getting the wrong account. Her email is the same on wrong and correct account you think this is the reason?

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@Pao1

Yes, that's exactly the reason why the old account pops up when she logs in. Does she have a different email to spare? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6