x

Instant transfer: Does my card have to be from the same bank?

The debit card that I link for instant transfers, does it have to be associated with my linked bank account? Can I link a debit card from a separate bank account?

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

That all depends on what card you use in the Instant Deposit.

If the card you use directly ties with your bank account, it will deposit into your bank account.

If the card you use is from another bank or the same bank with a different account, it will go there.

You can't use Paypal, Vanilla, or any other prepaid card with the instant transfer.

More information. And a list of supported cards.

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

As far as I can tell, as long as your card is supported (and has a brick-and-mortar bank behind it), you should be able to use any debit card for instant transfers.

Make sure all the deposits are accounted for, though, or your accountant isn't going to like you at the end of the year. 🙂

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

Will the deposit still go to my bank account or will it go into my debit card account?

thanks for the quick reply

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

That all depends on what card you use in the Instant Deposit.

If the card you use directly ties with your bank account, it will deposit into your bank account.

If the card you use is from another bank or the same bank with a different account, it will go there.

You can't use Paypal, Vanilla, or any other prepaid card with the instant transfer.

More information. And a list of supported cards.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 4