x

Is is there any way to change the location of a set of transactions after the fact?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Location

When running a market today, our staff person forgot to check the location her iPad was logged into and so all of our sales were credited to the wrong location. 

Is is there any way to change the location of a set of transactions after the fact?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Bnutty 👋 Thanks for following up on this thread.

A transaction in Square cannot be edited once it is completed, including the business location the transaction was recorded under. If a transaction is recorded under the incorrect location, the solution would be to refund the transaction and then take the payment while signed in as the correct location. Though I do understand that this is not always possible, depending on when you notice the error.

Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, I can see how it would be beneficial to your business. I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

once a transaction is done there is nothing that can be changed about it other than refunding it.

Message 2 of 9

We had someone choose the wrong location in the app for an entire session. How can we move these transactions to the correct location?

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Hey @jlbrown1 - I've moved your post to a thread on a similar topic. Unfortunately, as @VanKalkerFarms stated above, there isn't a way to edit a transaction after it has been processed.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 9

@puka & @VanKalkerFarms ,

Seems like a gap in the functionality to not be able to move sales between locations or employees. People make mistakes. Human error will always be present...

Message 5 of 9

Has this been updated? Human error and location entry can make a difference for sellers in how they report sales at events, etc.  I don't want to overpay a percentage of my sales for an event where I use Square to report POS.  As a function to help the end user, please consider making updates to the platform to allow us to edit location changes.

Message 6 of 9

I agree this option should be offered. it distorts the results.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 9

Has square addressed this issue?  Even if the customer isn't updated if I was able to fix a sales person error that would be awesome for accounting purposes.

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Bnutty 👋 Thanks for following up on this thread.

A transaction in Square cannot be edited once it is completed, including the business location the transaction was recorded under. If a transaction is recorded under the incorrect location, the solution would be to refund the transaction and then take the payment while signed in as the correct location. Though I do understand that this is not always possible, depending on when you notice the error.

Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, I can see how it would be beneficial to your business. I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9