x

Is it possible to sell and redeem non-square gift cards?

The Square gift cards seem really expensive to me as a small store (We would only be buying the small pack of 20 cards and that is $40). I have found other cards on Amazon for much cheaper, and I was wondering if it would be possible to run those and sell them as through the Square Gift Card system?  I imagine that Square only cares that each card as a unique code assigned on the magstripe right?

If not, is it possible to register store credit for certain customers in our directory?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I just found info on Square Egift cards.  That would be an option for me.  Is there a way I can as a business owner gift an E-gift card to a customer (like a promotion) without having to purchase it ourselves and pay the credit card fee that Square charges for processing online transactions?

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Welcome to the Community @ryancasburn!

Unfortunately, 3rd-party gift cards will not work with Square. You would have to purchase the Square Gift Cards or the E-gift Cards you mentioned as they are integrated directly into our system.

However, if you're looking to use them mainly for store credit or promos, it sounds like our Email Marketing feature might work better for you than the Gift Card option. With it you can send coupons that are redeemable at your store as well as announce any upcoming store promotions you may have to everyone in your Customer Directory.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 5

I need help I am planning on buying non square gift cards and wanted to know if I could redeem and sell them on square.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Azan67,

Only our Gift Cards work with our system so you would not be able to do this with outside gift cards. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5